Deer Park Country House is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. By registering or inputting your details on www.deerpark.co.uk, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this website and your subsequent interactions with us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Collecting Your Personal Information
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This information that you give us may include:
- Identity Data, including first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, and date of birth;
- Contact Data, includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Transaction Data, including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us;
- Profile Data, including your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses; and
- Marketing and Communications Data, including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Information we collect about you.With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical Data, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Usage Data about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us, purchased from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition, and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing in accordance with the included opt-out process.
Opting out of marketing
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time using the details set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- with your express opt-in consent, select companies outside our group for marketing purposes;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to a binding regulatory request (in such circumstances, such disclosure will at all times be solely to the extent required by law or the applicable regulatory request);
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of our users, or others which may include exchanging information with third party companies for the purpose of fraud prevention or credit risk reduction.
How we store your personal data
We have adopted strict security processes, in accordance with good industry practice, to prevent the unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, your personal data. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. In addition, we also limit access to personal information to those employees, agents, consultants and other third parties on a need-to-know basis and subject in each case to suitable obligations relating to security and confidentiality of your information. Notwithstanding our implementation of these policies, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you send to us via the internet or which is collected using online devices/tracking technology.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is strictly necessary for the purposes for which such data was originally collected (or for such longer period as may be required by law).
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
In certain situations, you are entitled to: (i) request access to a copy of your personal data; (ii) request that we correct your personal data; (iii) request that we erase your personal data; (iv) object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest; (v) request the restriction of processing of your personal data; (vi) request the transfer of your personal data to a third party; or (vii) where you have provided your consent to certain of our processing activities, in certain circumstances, you may withdraw your consent at any time (but please note that we may continue to process such personal data if we have legitimate legal grounds for doing so).
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests (in each case, where we are legally entitled to take longer to respond). In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
In addition to the above, please not that you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns first so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to our privacy notice
If we amend our privacy notice, it will be published on this website so please check the website regularly to check whether our privacy notice has been updated. We may also email you to notify you of any substantial changes to this privacy notice.
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any questions in relation to this notice, please contact email@example.com, tel: 01404 41266 or write to us at Deer Park Country House, Buckerell Village, Weston, Honiton, Devon, EX14 3PG.
Last updated – June 2018